Has My CEM croaked it?

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

guitarcarfanatic
480 Is my middle name

Has My CEM croaked it?

Post by guitarcarfanatic » Sat May 28, 2005 6:04 pm

Hi I have lots of annoying electrical problems and have suspected the CEM. I also have sat and watched the CEM turn the courtesy lights on and off even tho ingition was off for about ten minutes and make starnge crackling noises. Now i finally figured out how to do the self test off Daniels website and it just made a 5 second beep and then nothing else. I think that means my micro processor is faulty but could someone please confirm this? Also does anyone in the somerset/devon area have a working CEM 2 I could test on my car to see if it makes a difference? Failing that does anyone have a CEM 2 for sale? Cheers, Rob
1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2litre EcoTurbo

Previously...
Peugeot 406 executive TD - The devil!

1991 Red Turbo - Great condition and surprisingly un-rusty!

1989 Light Blue metallic Turbo - Sold!

1993 Steel grey S - Bought for parts

1990 Red ES - Now resting in car heaven!

1989 Black ES - Great runner

1989 Black ES - Spares Car. I murdered it!

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Sat May 28, 2005 6:13 pm

Think I ought to be able to let you try one mate.

Not sure if i've got one going spare though, need to keep one in case mine packs up!
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

gerrsvolvo
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by gerrsvolvo » Mon May 30, 2005 6:26 am

I hope for yoy that it is not your CEM that has given up.
But did you check and clean all the connectors to and from the CEM and clean all your earthing points?

Good luck
Gerrsvolvo

guitarcarfanatic
480 Is my middle name

Hooray!

Post by guitarcarfanatic » Mon May 30, 2005 10:37 pm

I have finally figured out the cause of my problems with the help of a spare CEM from chris1roll(well 3 lol). I tested it with a working CEM and my flasher lighst arent always on, indicators no longer stick, interiour lighst are ok. Most of my electric are now working. I still have the Rear fogs not working but I think thats just contacts or the swutch(havent attempted diagnosing it other than that they work when tested with a bulb tester connected to the light.). I ma quite happy now. All I need now is to locate a working CEM 2. If anyone has one, i would be very grateful. Cheers for everyones help in this post and others about my problems and for Rpruen coming and having a look at my CEM for me and helping me diagnose the problem and Chris1roll for the CEM to test on my car, Rob
1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2litre EcoTurbo

Previously...
Peugeot 406 executive TD - The devil!

1991 Red Turbo - Great condition and surprisingly un-rusty!

1989 Light Blue metallic Turbo - Sold!

1993 Steel grey S - Bought for parts

1990 Red ES - Now resting in car heaven!

1989 Black ES - Great runner

1989 Black ES - Spares Car. I murdered it!