current

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ettore Bugatti
480 Is my middle name

current

Post by Ettore Bugatti » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:11 pm

It is commonly known that the current in rest should be 0,03A. I have test this on my mothers car and the resistance was 42 mOhm. Still my battery goes flat and the alternator has a resistance of 42 mOhm and the rest of the car has no resistance and thus no current. I known that the alternator is flat, but no other sources of drain is also very strange.

C6REW
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by C6REW » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:39 am

Hi Ettore,

I am sure that there is some information on testing the power consumption on the Vadis DVD. I have not got the time to check at the moment. Unless someone else can do so I will do at the earliest opportunity.

However, have you checked the power consumption (Amps) by putting an ammeter in series with the battery?

There are lots of sources of power drain on these cars which once again is explained on the DVD.

Best regards

Chris

Ettore Bugatti
480 Is my middle name

Post by Ettore Bugatti » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:39 am

Our multimeters only goes to 200 mA and that is easily reached. But resistance can be measured and from then I calculated the powerdrain.
Thanks in advance

gerrsvolvo
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by gerrsvolvo » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:29 am

Chris
Did you disconnect the radio?
I mean not only switching the radio off but taking the connector out.
Some memory radio´s do drawn a lot off current. :kill:

Good luck
Gerrsvolvo

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:14 pm

you have to wait a minute or two until the time relayed relays are switched of. and you have to close the hood, even if you take out the lamp.

luck
JPF
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen