Faulty CEM?

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Agwa Moose
480 Veteran

Faulty CEM?

Post by Agwa Moose » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:57 pm

Got a few irritating things going on (or not as it is)

The rear screen heater hasn't worked since I got the car, theres still a beep when you hold the button down (which makes me think this may be wiring related), and the light on the dash doesn't come on at all (the bulbs good, checked it while changing the infocentre backlight), checked the wires across the rear window for breaks but didn't find any

The wipers (front and rear) don't wipe when I use the washers and also the intermittent wiper position puts them on permanantly, the intermittent on the rear still works though

Also the headlamp washers have stopped working (the motor's fine, checked that)

Is it a fault in the CEM or is there anything else that could cause it?

J
Gwendoyln! They're hanging bicycle parts on me again!

mogge
Started learning about 480

Post by mogge » Sun May 01, 2005 4:17 am

Hi!

Check the cable between the boot and chassie. Not unusual that you may have cabel problems.

http://www.480center.com/servlet/user?a ... cle&id=329

/Jonas
Engineer

SanPhire
480 Rookie

Post by SanPhire » Sun May 01, 2005 7:02 pm

Check the club site FAQ for the self-diagnosis on your CEM. '91 model should have it I thinks.
It makes lots of beeps and tests all the circuits and so helps you track down the fault.
Often a bit of oxidisation on solder joints can upset stuff over time. Big current things like the rear heater will go quicker than the rest!
Greta - 1994 2.0 480 GT
Herbie - 1972 1.3 VW Beetle Deluxe
Kochanski - 1982 1.7 340 GLE - Gone, but not forgotten