Pop up control motor unfunctional - is it repairable?

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Filvas
480 Newbie

Re: Pop up control motor unfunctional - is it repairable?

Post by Filvas » Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 pm

eye of ra wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:49 am
1987 cars also used fuse 22 however if your pop-ups and DRL are working it won’t be fuse 22.

Your new picture shows a short relay but in your original picture it is tall.

I may have confused things by lettering my arrows (should probably have numbered them) as ARROW - C is pointing to RELAY – A so I’m guessing your new picture may be RELAY – C.

The lights won’t work if RELAY – C (not arrowed but pictured bottom right) is broken but neither will a lot of other things including the engine.

Relay – A (the tall one arrowed – C) is a likely cause of your other light problems not covered by James.

To check it remove it and jumper between pin 30 and 87 in the socket the lights should come on (it won’t matter what position the light switch is in or if the ignition is on or not) if they don’t light up your problem is elsewhere.

Note this is for a 1987 car and may be different for other years.
Thank you very much! I tried you're advice and the lights came on!!

Now I have to source something called a "pop up relay" (d'oh!!!) from somewhere. I can't believe it actually said that on the cover of the relay and I totally missed it. :wall: :nuts:
1987 Volvo 480 imported from Sweden to Finland in 2014
2020 Seat Mii bought from a toy store