Air conditioning. Compressor temperature - fan switch

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

balto8
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Air conditioning. Compressor temperature - fan switch

Post by balto8 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Walking myself the stony aircon path. I had replaced in the past months the following parts:

Frist I had fitted a new compressor ( it didn't give enough pressure to the system and was making funny noises all past summer).

Then the guys who replaced the compressor said the dryer was blocked from dirt, so it needed replacement aswell. Have not been able to find a suitable dryer replacement for my pre-1993 system, so this guys have made a real good job and fitted a Ford model and modified all tubes to fit the thing.

Now the system jumps in and cools firmly but after a while the auto-fan switches on to bring down the temperature. It also brings down system pressure. Then switches off again after 10 mins. Then kicks in again and won't stop. So it brings the system pressure down too low and it won't cool enuogh.

They're thinking of a bad temperature sensor of relay somewhere. According to 1991 wiring diagram there's a AC relay in possition E in the relay box. Where are the other relays in my AC system? I have one of those pre-1992 VEM with off button on the right.

Any ideas at all ?

1991 480 Black Turbo
2012 Seat Exeo ST
2013 VW Polo TSI DSG

balto8
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Re: Air conditioning. Compressor temperature - fan switch

Post by balto8 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:39 pm

1991 480 Black Turbo
2012 Seat Exeo ST
2013 VW Polo TSI DSG