MAF Question

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dean
480 Newbie

MAF Question

Post by Dean » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi guys,

I'm after a bit of info on the MAF if anybody on here knows.

If I am looking for the signal wire from the MAF (The one that returns the reading to the ECU) and I was assuming that it would be a wire that reads from between 0-5 volts and will change when i blip the throttle.

I have 6 wires coming from my maf, and I managed to find a wire (white & green) that reads 4.5ish volts at idle, but when I blipped the throttle it went to 6volts so surely that cannot be the wire I am after?

Is there an inlet air temperature sensor incorporated into the MAF?

I would like to know if the wire I am after does vary between 0-5volts and even better if anybody knows which wires are which as the wiring diagram doesn't help much!

Thanks,

Dean

Dean
480 Newbie

Re: MAF Question

Post by Dean » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Just to sum the thread up incase anybody else needs this information in the future. Robou sent me a PM with an explaination of the wires.

Wires are numbered as per the wiring diagram found on this site
1 is connected to ground.
2 to Jetronic 6 connects to system ground at ignition on.
3 to Jetronic 7 receives 1.5V to 5V depending on load.
4 to Jetronic 8 if revs were over 2000 and temperature has reached 65C sends short current pulse to clean wire at ignition off.
5 to Jetronic 9 connects to 12V at engine running.
6 to Jetronic 14 sends 2.1V at idling.
This is about the type of which the number ends with 021.