fuel gauge showing one bar

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

POE
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

fuel gauge showing one bar

Post by POE » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi all ' my fuel gauge on info centre is showing one bar permamently whether i add fuel or not ' checking fuel pump values ans all seems in order as are all connectors' any ideas? i have also changed the ic module to no avail ' thanks
1989 480 turbo ,saffron pearl, half leather with richmod and full custom bodykit

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: fuel gauge showing one bar

Post by glasgowjim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:19 pm

float may be stuck

doingitsideways
480 Expert

Post by doingitsideways » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Either that, or the little wire to the potentiometer on the sender has broken.

Just changed mine today, bought a used replacement from Jim about 6 months ago, which I promtly broke when fitting back into the tank because the plastic mounting is so brittle! :(

Upon inspection of the old one, the wire had broken like I say, a bit of a combination of old and new, with liberal use of the soldering iron and only the foulest language and all is well :D

Steve :hopping:
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault!"
Hammers can't fix a 480!!!

POE

Post by POE » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks steve and i shall have a damn good inspection and post results
1989 480 turbo ,saffron pearl, half leather with richmod and full custom bodykit

doingitsideways
480 Expert

Post by doingitsideways » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Just be VERY careful when lifting the pump/sender unit from the tank, if it frees up with a jolt (like mine did) the sender gets caught and snaps at it's mount :(

Steve :hopping:
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault!"
Hammers can't fix a 480!!!

POE

Post by POE » Fri May 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Well come to conclusion that my fuel gauge reading one bar and water temp gauge are connected sonewhat ' is there a voltage regulator that could cause this or maybe the circuit board itself? running out of ideas fast so any ideas would be great ' thanks

POE

Post by POE » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Well after months of checking various info centres and fuel senders and wiring and sensors for engine temp have finally found the culprit in a block connector behind the glove box ' after opening up and cleaning everything Is working as it should 'even my rear wiper has come into life so this connector must play a big part in sending info to Ic' great weekend :)