advice please-anyone??

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

svenska axel
Started learning about 480

advice please-anyone??

Post by svenska axel » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 pm

can anyone say weather the speedo sensor on an automatic will fit a manual. getting desperate.

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: advice please-anyone??

Post by glasgowjim » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Slow down..

from the volvo parts book which available as a free download from the main 480 club europe website home page only lists 2 part numbers for the speedo sensor (check it out for yourself).

Also a phone call to a volvo dealer would answer your query unless the volvo dealers in Sweden are unhelpful.

upto 1992 part number 3413744-8

from 1993 on partnumber 3467846-6

check it out for yourself.

So the speedosensors are the same. Oh and 1992 was a transitional year so best to double check using VIN or registration number as to which version it is.

This confirms my idea that the differences between manual and automatic transmissions were the rear engine mount and one of the drive shafts.

svenska axel
Started learning about 480

Re: advice please-anyone??

Post by svenska axel » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:32 pm

i would slow down but i cant tell if i have. :kill:
i was working on that logic but didnt know if the pdf covered automatic parts as well.
i found one a couple of cities away but need confidence to drive out i wont come back empty handed. he has the console too so i plan to fit it there and try it out to see if i need the console too. my sensor is definately open circuit, but dont know if gauge was fried or my repair went went well after the short and fault hunting. his console has the grey green plugs so one would think it the same.
i cant get into a dealers round here, bouncers drag me away if they hear 480. :wall: they pick me one under the arms and one lift the feet. i bump to the sidewalk.
the man carries on selling a v40 as if nothing happens.