illuminated door lock a bit keen

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

donpaulo
Knows where Volvo is from

illuminated door lock a bit keen

Post by donpaulo » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 pm

been away from this site for a long while due to moving house and enduring the whole switching broadband provider fiasco (don't ask)

Anyhoo.................back with what I think could be a NEW AND UNCHARTED 480 electrical problem.

My driver door lock illumination won't go out any more. It happened once before, but i managed to get my skinny fingers to the tiny switch assembly which is operated by the door handle, and bend the wee metal plate a bit so it would operate the even wee'er button. All was well..

Just checked all this again, but the switch assembly seems to be working as it should......but the wee green light in the lock won't piss off after 15 seconds or whatever.

ANyone come across this before? Can I ignore it? Will it drain my battery? (I only use the car a couple of times a week) Will my car be a burnt out wreck in the morning?

:cryhard:
480 celebration 119/480. red. GCH. Sml Gdn.all mod cons. Can I have a turbo please anybody? Land Rover series 3 SWB 1981, no cup holder. pug106 diesel, 8000mpg, 12p per month insurance.

mogge
Started learning about 480

Post by mogge » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:06 am

Hi!

No problems, the LED uses only a tiny amount of power. Ex there is the flashing LED to alarmsystem etc.

/Jonas
Engineer

donpaulo
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by donpaulo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Cheers, the light has fixed itself now.......another 480 mystery. The only thing i can think of to explain it is that i had been lubricating my boot lock that day and my key had a bit of oil on it which may have dripped inside the door lock and effected it somehow???? ah well........
480 celebration 119/480. red. GCH. Sml Gdn.all mod cons. Can I have a turbo please anybody? Land Rover series 3 SWB 1981, no cup holder. pug106 diesel, 8000mpg, 12p per month insurance.