Rear engine mount fitting - not so difficult...

All the information you need on engine-problems is here. The engine includes the Turbo-charger, airco and everything else you'll find under the bonnet.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ally
Can tell where the 480 was built

Rear engine mount fitting - not so difficult...

Post by Ally » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:57 am

Hi all, this is my first post to the forum although I've been reading for a while. Got myself a 480 this February having wanted one for years and have been finding out all about their "eccentricities".

Several hundred pounds later and the car is in much better condition having been neglected somewhat by it's previous owner.

Just bit the bullet and bought myself a new rear engine mount and engine damper, £117 and £57 respectively :shock:

Was kinda worried about how difficult the rear mount might be to fit after having read lots of tales of skint knuckles and a requirement for rubber wrists. I guess the problems arise when you have a turbo and/or ABS as the big hole in the engine bay of my 2.0 ES was how I got at it. A little bit of fiddling with the gearbox supported on a jack and out it came.

Anyway, an hour later and the job was done - :D

Now I just hope it doesn't need done again for a few years...

Keep up the good work everyone, and I look forward to meeting some of you when I get it together enough to make it to a meet.

---------------------------------------------
1993 480 2.0i ES (112,000 miles)
1990 740 2.3i Estate (240,000 miles)

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by JohnTurbo » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:58 am

Well done. I'm looking at making a stronger type of mount...getting a resin mould made up, then its just a case of how well the flexane adheres to the metal plates.

Hoping for results in the coming weeks.
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb