Missing some power?

All the information you need on engine-problems is here. The engine includes the Turbo-charger, airco and everything else you'll find under the bonnet.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:28 pm

the fact that you think its slow, and also the too high oxigen rate (?) (= don't you mean CO ????) can have to do with the catalist. See a cheap experienced after hours meccanic. He can also adjust the CO... You need special equipment for it..

The handbrakes you can do your selves. You need to undo a cap at the inside of the rear wheels, and than you can adjust an adjustment screw, so the handbrake grips better. Details are written in books like "vraagbaak" or "haynes" handbook for meccanics. It saves you lots of money to buy a haynes, or maybe a swede/fin equivalent .There is also lots of threads about it on the clubsite and the old ezboard.

Luck
JPF
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

DaKyy
480 Is my middle name

Post by DaKyy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:08 am

volvofox wrote:the fact that you think its slow, and also the too high oxigen rate (?) (= don't you mean CO ????) can have to do with the catalist. See a cheap experienced after hours meccanic. He can also adjust the CO... You need special equipment for it..

The handbrakes you can do your selves. You need to undo a cap at the inside of the rear wheels, and than you can adjust an adjustment screw, so the handbrake grips better. Details are written in books like "vraagbaak" or "haynes" handbook for meccanics. It saves you lots of money to buy a haynes, or maybe a swede/fin equivalent .There is also lots of threads about it on the clubsite and the old ezboard.

Luck
JPF
Thanks

I've got B18E/ES so it doesn't have catalysator? I think high Oxygen(0^2) rate would rather mean a leak in exhaust?

Steve Long
480 Newbie

Post by Steve Long » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:15 pm

With regard to the speedo versus Radar, I use a GPS in my 480 shows the speedo to be about 10% optomistic - speedo 70mph, GPS 63mph; Speedo 100mph GPS 89mph car tops out at a indicated (speedo) reading of 115 (GPS 96).
As for the handbrake - keep us posted, my car only stays on a slope if I throw an anchor out -the handbrake lever only makes me feel that I am at least trying to stop it rolling away!
Steve Long
Also in St Aulaye, Dordogne

DaKyy
480 Is my middle name

Post by DaKyy » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:05 pm

I got it through M.O.T. I had to change the rear brakes completely. Just because of the handbrake. Anyway, it's already the same that is was before :D BTW. It helps a little, when your press the brake pedal hard an dlift the handbrake lever rapidly at the same time. Repeat this few times - adjuster might just work. Helped for me too, but didn't want to risk the last chance at M.O.T.

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:47 pm

congratiolations your gracious snowwedge got trough the test.

Have fun
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen