Heavy stutering (seems fuel related)

All the information you need on engine-problems is here. The engine includes the Turbo-charger, airco and everything else you'll find under the bonnet.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

gsa60
Started learning about 480

Heavy stutering (seems fuel related)

Post by gsa60 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi everyone, I'm having yet, more issues with the '91 turbo.

last month it started stuttering heavily.

When starting cold on idle I can hear some misfire and the engine is very weak and sluggish in lower RPM ranges.
If I push the pedal a bit harder than 30% on lower RPMs the engine misfires.
I took the car for a test drive. Pressed full throttle, the engine stuttered everywhere and did not got past 3000RPM. I do believe that there was no fuel being delivered to the engine. There were some of those bangs from the muffler (don't know how they are called) and some clouds. after a while the engine simply died. Turned the starter but could not get the engine to fire up. On the next day it started ok.
I've tested connecting the fuel pump directly to power while doing these tests and and did not notice any difference.
When the car died the first couple of times I could feel a petrol smell

Today, I tested all the sensor that connect to the ECU EZ210K.I followed the haynes manual all seemed ok except.
1) both the resistance between the pins 22-25 and 21-25 are a bit higher than on the manual.
2) the resistance between terminals 4-20 was at 10kohm (haynes says it should be 0.1ohm) at ignition off. Whe the key is at II i Get a 5V reading.

Can someone please confirm number 2? Pin 4 connects to the Jetronic ECU (fuel control)
after all the measurements, I started the car, now with heavy misfire in idle. As soon as i move a bit the throttle it runs much better.

I looked for vacuum leaks but there were none.

Any help would be appreciated.

gsa60
Started learning about 480

Re: Heavy stutering (seems fuel related)

Post by gsa60 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi guys,
Sorry to bother is there anyone able to confirm the point number 2?
Should the resistance be 10kohm.
BR,
João