fuel nipple leak

All the information you need on engine-problems is here. The engine includes the Turbo-charger, airco and everything else you'll find under the bonnet.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Zoist
Knows where Volvo is from

fuel nipple leak

Post by Zoist » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi

Finally I got the fuel pump and ignition to work again. But I discovered that the fuel nipple is leaking!

How do i fix this? the leak is between the hose and the nipple. I tried to cut the old hose and press the nipple back in the hose, but it is too damn tight! :angry:

dos anyone know how i fix this?

i tried to heat the hose but it stays stiff and hard until it melt.... I also tried to heat the nipple but makes no differences!

PLEASE help so I can the the car on the road again!

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: fuel nipple leak

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 pm

I have a car to break but it will be a while before I get down to the fuel pipe stage but if you do not get a spare nipple then let me know and i will make a point of removing for you when it is stripped.

Zoist

Post by Zoist » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:31 am

Hi Jim

I do have a spare nipple, but thanks anyway. :D

In the illustration we can see that the pipe should have some connections, and not be in one piece. I don´t seem to be able to find those connections...

I also should be possible to press the nipple back on a fresh piece of the pipe should it not? :dunno:

Zoist

Post by Zoist » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:23 am

Youtube had the answer!

just dip the hose in steaming hot water for about 10 minutes, then press the fuel nipple back in place, and seal with heat from a lighter.
WITHOUT heating it to much!

And it worked! no leaks! :hopping: