recent rebuild but rough idle no power and lumpy pick up.

All the information you need on engine-problems is here. The engine includes the Turbo-charger, airco and everything else you'll find under the bonnet.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

renvo1916v
480 Newbie

recent rebuild but rough idle no power and lumpy pick up.

Post by renvo1916v » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:48 pm

just rebuilt my engine and used all new auxillarys from a good working car.its had a new lambda aswell.im not sure of the ecu and wiring age however so just bought a replacment lambda for the car.will it make a difference if the lambda is for a new car and the electrics are from a new car or vice versa?also i dont have a fault code read out point for some reason.it this on the engine loom or the car loom?
the engine is in a renault 19 16v btw.
if there is anyone who can help id be massivly greatfull.id even do as far as if someone where to come and help me (in Fleet Hampshire) id be willing to help with any form of mechanical / engineering projects.im a mechanical engineer by trade and this electrical hoo ha is a nightmare!went to change the injectors earlyer and found the replacments to be nackered so swaped back to the originals and now it wont run.whats going on???? i only touched the small peice of harness that is drectly connected to the injectors. im beginning to loose the will. any help greatfully wellcome. :kill:
if in doubt, get a bigger hammer