FOR SALE - Seat belt arms Driver/Passenger

Sometimes threads get out of hand. People start offending each other or do things that are not allowed (like asking for illegal software). These sort of threads will end up in the 'Hall of Shame'.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

FOR SALE - Seat belt arms Driver/Passenger

Post by martinholmesuk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:47 am

FOR SALE:- Seat belt arms. Driver/Passenger

£11 inc P&P
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

cakeben
480 Newbie

Post by cakeben » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:47 pm

If these are complete and in good nick, I would be happy to take these off your hands (on behalf of my mam).

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:49 pm

one is missing it's pin roller thing otherwise it's the arms.
Audi TT

cakeben
480 Newbie

Post by cakeben » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks, need to be complete really as there is nothing left of the ones in my mams car.

gingherheed
Can tell where the 480 was built

Arms

Post by gingherheed » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Are these the plastic things at the top of each front seatbelt that are usually snapped?

If they are I'll have them off you if you still got them.

Cheers.

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:06 pm

thats them

paypal me at mARTINHOLMES@hotmail.com and i'l; send them thanks
Audi TT

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:35 pm

SOLD
Audi TT

gingherheed

Not received yet

Post by gingherheed » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 am

You have a PM

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 am

me? no i dont :?
Audi TT

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Code: Select all

To: 	martinholmesuk
Posted: 	Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:39 pm
Subject: 	Re: Done!! 	Quote message

Theres something not quite right about this and I am not happy about it. Why would you throw your proof of posting away before confirming that the recipient had received the item?

You and I had an agreement in respect of this item. Your proof of posting would have allowed you to instigate a claim from the Post Office for the full amount (they pay up to £36 for items lost on first class service).

I have kept your emails and the evidence of money leaving my paypal account as proof of our arrangement.

You did not offer me an alternative to the refund of money. You simply sent me money as soon as I asked you about the whereabouts of the item. I think you will understand when I tell you that I am not convinced you had the item in the first place.

Deals done on this club site are based on trust. So far you are proving to be untrustworthy

Folks,

It would seem gingherheed thinks i'm untrustworthy, It's not turned up and his checked back with where it's gone which I take his word for having not turned up yet gingherheed now is pointing towards i'm untrustworthy so let me say to everyone on this forum.

if you think I'm untrustworthy please do not do buy from me.

Anyhow I refunded you the money and I don't keep every little receipt every given to me and now i'm £11 down and trying to do the right thing. I know of one time where a deal on here went tits up and i held my hands up but out of how many dealings that's rather good.

Maybe you want to check my ebay feedback ? http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback

or how I sold my 480t in september to gltease.

now it's all in the open.
Audi TT

gltease
480 Veteran

Post by gltease » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:22 pm

martinholmesuk wrote:

Code: Select all

To: 	martinholmesuk
Posted: 	Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:39 pm
Subject: 	Re: Done!! 	Quote message

Theres something not quite right about this and I am not happy about it. Why would you throw your proof of posting away before confirming that the recipient had received the item?

You and I had an agreement in respect of this item. Your proof of posting would have allowed you to instigate a claim from the Post Office for the full amount (they pay up to £36 for items lost on first class service).

I have kept your emails and the evidence of money leaving my paypal account as proof of our arrangement.

You did not offer me an alternative to the refund of money. You simply sent me money as soon as I asked you about the whereabouts of the item. I think you will understand when I tell you that I am not convinced you had the item in the first place.

Deals done on this club site are based on trust. So far you are proving to be untrustworthy

Folks,

It would seem gingherheed thinks i'm untrustworthy, It's not turned up and his checked back with where it's gone which I take his word for having not turned up yet gingherheed now is pointing towards i'm untrustworthy so let me say to everyone on this forum.

if you think I'm untrustworthy please do not do buy from me.

Anyhow I refunded you the money and I don't keep every little receipt every given to me and now i'm £11 down and trying to do the right thing. I know of one time where a deal on here went tits up and i held my hands up but out of how many dealings that's rather good.

Maybe you want to check my ebay feedback ? http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback

or how I sold my 480t in september to gltease.

now it's all in the open.

I can say hand on heart that martinholmes has been the most friendly, trustworthy, honest , down to earth, no bullcrap person I have had the pleasure of dealing with on any forum, he also went out of his way last week to deliver a roller blind to me while I waited near his place of work. I'll challenge anyone who thinks otherwise.

If he says he sent it, posted it, put in a Russian rocket and shot it at the moon, or tied it to a wild horse, then he did !!!

its the postal services that need the strongly worded letter.
No disrespect at you gingerheed !

C
'88 Volvo 480 ES
'97 Volvo 940 Turbo

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:53 am

I have bought stuff (richmod) from Martin and it was a spot on transaction . I would have no hesitation in buying from martin again.

gingherheed

dodgy

Post by gingherheed » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Why then did you instantly refund the money without pausing to check out my claim?

If you have kept every little receipt blah blah then why did you state to me that you had " thrown away" your proof of purchase from the post office.

If I had wanted to publish my communications with you on this forum then Iwould have done so. You have now added insult to injury by breaching my privacy.

I suggest you check my ebay score and enquire as to my own reputation before pulling these schoolboy stunts ie getting a whole TWO testimonials from people on this forum.

I maintain you are throwing up a screen to hide the fact that you have either forgotten to send this item or that there is something more to it. If you want to demonstrate that you are wholly trustworthy then you have gone about it the wrong way.

I hope that you will identify yourself to me in person at some point in the near future. We clearly need to have a few words.

For the time being you have got away with it.

gingherheed

Amendment

Post by gingherheed » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: receipts.

I meant to say that you should keep your receipts.

gingherheed

Post Office

Post by gingherheed » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 pm

All buyers beware of this person.

He would have been able to claim the money back from the post office had he kept his receipt. Who knows, he may well have already done that.

And one more thing Mr Holmes. I've only got your word for it that only one deal went bad on you.

Suppose you do this all the time. Small amounts of money. No trace and no comeback from people when you refund their cash. Can you see what I'm saying? When I trade through this site, my own business or ebay I keep all records until after the recipient has received their item. Trust me. It makes good sense and requires very little time/effort.

martinholmesuk

Re: dodgy

Post by martinholmesuk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:51 pm

gingherheed wrote:Why then did you instantly refund the money without pausing to check out my claim?

If you have kept every little receipt blah blah then why did you state to me that you had " thrown away" your proof of purchase from the post office.

If I had wanted to publish my communications with you on this forum then Iwould have done so. You have now added insult to injury by breaching my privacy.

I suggest you check my ebay score and enquire as to my own reputation before pulling these schoolboy stunts ie getting a whole TWO testimonials from people on this forum.

I maintain you are throwing up a screen to hide the fact that you have either forgotten to send this item or that there is something more to it. If you want to demonstrate that you are wholly trustworthy then you have gone about it the wrong way.

I hope that you will identify yourself to me in person at some point in the near future. We clearly need to have a few words.

For the time being you have got away with it.

Public is very good on a forum so every knows just what's going on.

Have a few words? What does that mean then. Your welcome to meet me at a 480 meet. I'm going to the next 480 so come along.

What do you mean by have a few words with me? This is a internet forum and I sold you some arms and your not very happy with me over not having them when OK it's a pain in the ass for you I know.

I do not need to demonstrate that I am trustworthy. I been on this forum for years and years with 5000 more posts then anyone else. I have met many of the members sold and bought loads of stuff. Helped in person with forum members and the list goes on so really I think people here by now know I'm not someone who goes around doing silly stuff for a whole £11. If I wanted to con someone it would have been a good idea to say I have some rich mod's for £100 a pop and they would sell.

Yet I don't t turn to you who has been here a short while who needs to build respect with members and say you have the arms and accuse you of being untrustworthy.

sorry this is just silly.
Audi TT

martinholmesuk

Re: Post Office

Post by martinholmesuk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:52 pm

gingherheed wrote:All buyers beware of this person.

He would have been able to claim the money back from the post office had he kept his receipt. Who knows, he may well have already done that.

And one more thing Mr Holmes. I've only got your word for it that only one deal went bad on you.

Suppose you do this all the time. Small amounts of money. No trace and no comeback from people when you refund their cash. Can you see what I'm saying? When I trade through this site, my own business or ebay I keep all records until after the recipient has received their item. Trust me. It makes good sense and requires very little time/effort.
Well everyone you heard it here first!

DO NOT BUY FROM MARTINHOLMESUK
Audi TT

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 pm

NO ONE elicted a testimonial from me !

I am no ones puppet!

I have never met martin I dont know him other than through posts on this forum , we have no links at all I just felt it necessary as someone who sells spares through forum and has recieved advice from him to pass comment.

You got your money back with no hesitation whats the problem. In all fairness things happen from time to time and its no ones fault.

Sometimes I lose or forget to get a proof of posting (not often but it happens) and some folk dont let you know they have recieved the goods although most do.

Last word from me on this you 2 can settle things yourself!

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:56 pm

I'm putting a stop to this before it gets out of hand.

Topic Closed and Locked

2001 V70