Nirex

Sometimes threads get out of hand. People start offending each other or do things that are not allowed (like asking for illegal software). These sort of threads will end up in the 'Hall of Shame'.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by JohnTurbo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:52 am

link was more as a warning...something to avoid.

Nirex, think your openness will be respected.
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:04 pm

damn! How condascending did that sound?
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

Nirex
Started learning about 480

Post by Nirex » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:38 pm

martinholmesuk wrote:In answer to my PM

Code: Select all

Excuse me mate but what are you talking about 

1: over where exactly??? 

and 

2: what fucking business is it of yours. 

i'm sick of other people sticking their fucking noses in something that has nothing to do with them. why do you all have to get so fucking high and mighty. 

I have as much right as anyone to post where i want. 

and as and when i do sort things out with Adam, i will do so in private, not in a forum with hundreds of people reading what has nothing to do with them. 

thank you and good day 
chris
Hope that covers it.
sorry if I caused offence to you but i was getting pissy with people that i did not know and who as far as i knew had nothing to do with this situation contacting me to give me their opinion, not naming any names but some of them were far from polite and nice.

as i said, i would like to sort this out as soon as possible, but i will be doing so with adam, not with the whole club on a public forum.
"you can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house."

"I take my life a 1/4 mile at a time"

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:46 pm

Looks like we might have to put the rope away again for the time being. ;)

Fair play replying at last Nirex, although it's always better to keep people informed then leave them in the dark to draw their own conclusions, especially when posting on public forums.

If you can give a timeframe it normally helps also, next week, month, year? I hope this gets resolved asap anyway, although the forum will be a lot less entertaining when it does! However, it ain't over til the Welsh lad sings (that's you recieving the cheque Ad).

70 pages to go.....

Stu.
Last edited by stu chacks on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:22 pm

Fair play to Nirex for the explanation-i think with all the negative feelings floating about, he was quite brave to come here and post-especially as the only explanation really owing is to Ad, not us.

I don't think Nirex, that is a personal thing-it's just a case of the group sticking together-no doubt the same way as the RTOC would if it was the otherway round. It's just unfortunate for you that there are alot of scammers about thesedays and the goods you sent went missing! It's easy to think the worst because it's such a common occurance (not here, just generally).

I'm glad that measures are in place to get things sorted-no one wants any hostility on here, it's just a place where 480 fans get together. Everyone on here is pretty decent so i'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

I empathise with your business situation-i hope it gets sorted in the near fututre. Just glad this whole money situation is on it's way up!

Dan
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:26 pm

Ok everyone. I am going to get a refund from Chris, he has explained his situation as he has on here and has said he will send back the money. This was a case of something getting lost in the post nothing malicious was involved. Once the money has been returned can we consider this matter closed and start over fresh.

I would personally like to thank everyone for their support.

Cheers

Ad

2001 V70

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:56 pm

I see Nirex is around the forum again, guess he must had refunded VBB all that money after all to show his face again - is that right Nirex? Did you refund Adam his money back?

Stu.

* Aw, he logged off as soon as I posted this, was it something I said? :dunno:

robkendall
480 Is my middle name

Post by robkendall » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:46 am

gotta say.....i kinda gritted my teeth all the way through this.....but.

its not really for us to decide how and when chris pays adam.
yes its a public forum, and everyone is entitled to their opinions (moderated of course ;) )
but even though we can make our feelings of the situation felt, and im sure everyone has done that already, it really is none of our business....its up to adam and chris to sort out.

sure....warn other people away from a potential bad seller (allegedly), bad situations to avoid etc....thats just good sense to share with friends.....but the simple fact of the matter is......keep out of what concerns no one other than adam and chris.

and why for gods sake drag this thread out of the closet after all this time.....if adam had any negative things to say about the situation, he would say.

just my belated 2 penneth!
rgrds
rob
Warning! This post may contain traces of humour, sarcasm or wit. In case of allergic reaction call 0800 123 456 for free and confidential abuse. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/saracen480/spank.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/saracen480/armynewx.jpg[/img]

Joolz

Post by Joolz » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:49 am

soz Kendall but I gotta disagree with you there

I've heard nothing from milosz about my £10 postage for the rear clusters I sent him...and that was back in March. I like most on here thought that adam had been reimbursed but I guess reading Stu's post, he hasnt.....Its so bloody annoying...grrrrrr
Volvo 480 Celebration 466 Dark Grey Metallic (PUS)
previously
Volvo 480 2 ltr Paris Blue
Volvo 480 2 ltr Peacock Green
Volvo 480 1.7 White
Volvo 760 GLE Saloon 2.8 V6 Blue

jamooga

Post by jamooga » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:40 am

And if the parts really where lost in the mail. they reimburse you in two weeks as stated earlier.

Furthermore I think that all members should inform the others when a deal goes bad. You wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else on this forum. This was a last resort effort for vbb. He tried to get in to contact first to no avail. I would have done it the same way he did.

As vbb has accepted nirex's explanation and sais he feels it was not malicious I see no reason why nirex would not keep on posting here. And I for one would not be mean to him, even though i im also a big fella :)

I wouldnt buy any parts of of him though before hearing from vbb that all debts where settled.

good luck vbb
shit happens, all of the time and all over the world.

1983 vw beetle (brazilian with chopped roof)
1973 vw beetle (real german one)
1993 renault 19 piece o shit car
1988 480 es
1993 480 s

Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by 2127 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Well it's about time to have all this settled, it's been dragging on for almost a year now...
So, guys, case closed?

And, Nirex... how's fatherhood?

Regards,
Peter
Less is often more.

JayTee
480 Expert

Post by JayTee » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:28 pm

Joolz wrote:soz Kendall but I gotta disagree with you there
spot on Joolz its out of order and we (the people who use the forum) need to know who's good etc I've read loads of posts saying thanks to such and such for prompt posting of parts etc no one squirms and feels uncomfortable reading about sales that go well (Rob I can understand you gritting your teeth it was an unpleasant topic BUT very necessary)

VBB I hope you didn't hold your breath ;)
Nirex you my son are a **** :angry:

GOOD NIGHT :badmood:
There's a bit of 480 in all of us

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v140/JayTee7774/

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:31 am

I bought this thread back up as I know Adam hasn't seen a penny of the £50 Nirex took from him, and couldn't believe nearly a year later I spot him still on the forum the other night. The guy's had a year give Ad a refund and all he's come up with is excuses and empty promises as far as I can see.
Nirex wrote: you want my situation............
i am more than happy to give him a refund as the parts seem to have vanished into oblivion. the only problem being is setting aside £50 that is not needed for rent, bills or food. as anyone who has been on state benefit will tell you, they don't even give you enough to live on never mind find extra..............

have been limited to when i can access the net due to a faulty laptop charger (the laptop is my only access to the net)...................

I will refund your money, that is a promise from gentleman to another.
chris.
So to sum up, can't pay for food and rent, but can run a R5T, afford to buy a 480 turbo just for parts, and have a laptop, jeez, must be really hard scraping by on the dole these days eh? Do the R5T owners club know what sort of person they have as a supposed Area Representative, maybe someone should let them know.

Gentleman? Not in my book fella. Spammers that come on here get banned, why do we allow con-merchants like this on the site??? :dunno:

@Joolz, bad luck with yours, I reckon the Simpsons/Futurama quotes are worth a tenner alone! :D

Stu.

Nirex

Post by Nirex » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:21 pm

2127 wrote:Well it's about time to have all this settled, it's been dragging on for almost a year now...
So, guys, case closed?

And, Nirex... how's fatherhood?

Regards,
Peter
case not closed, no. I still have had no spare ££££ or I would pay back vbb.
Fatherhood is very rewarding, even if I'm not getting much sleep. thank you for asking

Nirex

Post by Nirex » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:31 pm

So to sum up, can't pay for food and rent, but can run a R5T, afford to buy a 480 turbo just for parts, and have a laptop, jeez, must be really hard scraping by on the dole these days eh? Do the R5T owners club know what sort of person they have as a supposed Area Representative, maybe someone should let them know.
----------------------

Well, not that I feel the need to justify myself to you, but you are making a rather uninformed assumption of me.

I don't run an R5T, its not been on the road for over a year now, the 480 turbo was a gift from a mate (the previous owner) and the laptop is my fiancee's. so please do not judge me without knowing any of the facts.

Just to clear it up as well, VBB is not the only money that I owe and unfortunatly the other money needs to be paid off first (rent, council tax etc)

I come on here once in a while, but do not post, that is because from the begining i was made to feel unwelcome by a certain minority of people.

If there is anyone else out there who is in debt, unemployed, newly a parent and who's partner can't work. please, if you can suggest any other way of living so there is money to spare, feel free to let me know.

Nirex

Post by Nirex » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:39 pm

I spend all my time at home, have no social life at all, don't drink or smoke, my car has neither been on the road or had money spent on it in over a year. every penny we get goes on rent, food, bills and my newly born son.

My fiancee cannot work, or look after the little one on her own due to the fact she is a long term manic depressive with post natal depression.
So all off the responsibility is onto me at this moment.

do not judge a person in a situation that you cannot possibly understand.

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Lol, don't know whether to laugh or cry, excuses are no excuses for ripping someone off, which is all you've done Chris isn't it? We all have to live and yes, everyone has a sob-story, but most of us prefer to get by with a little honesty and dignity instead of using them as excuses.

I've made my feelings clear, I don't think you should be on this forum after the stunt you pulled on VBB and that's it. If you haven't been made to feel welcome don't use another excuse blaming us, take a look at yourself.

Hope this serves as a warning to other people who come across you.

My last word? Sad. :no:

Stu.

snailslime

Post by snailslime » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:28 pm

This thread :shock:
Nirex wrote:please, if you can suggest any other way of living so there is money to spare, feel free to let me know
Work from home?
Sold - 1993 480ES White
Toyota MR2 Mk1 T-bar :D
New car! - Honda CRX SiR Vtec :D :D :D

Murf

Post by Murf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:15 pm

I don't run an R5T, its not been on the road for over a year now,
If you dont use it and wont be in the future then sell it, pay Ad back his 50 bucks and spend the rest on whatever else you want :)
Its sad that your having a hard time bud and it must be shit but you gotta prioritise and pay off your debts first. When things pick up then you can get another R5 and trick it out big style :)

Snailslime, is that an MR2 supercharger youve got now?
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

snailslime

Post by snailslime » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:57 pm

I wish! Hope to in the near future though Murf, been keeping a look out for one :D

BTW i'm not in the slightest bit jealous that u have a mk1.5 :liar:
Sold - 1993 480ES White
Toyota MR2 Mk1 T-bar :D
New car! - Honda CRX SiR Vtec :D :D :D