Launch car on ebay. Again. Suspicious!!

Sometimes threads get out of hand. People start offending each other or do things that are not allowed (like asking for illegal software). These sort of threads will end up in the 'Hall of Shame'.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

gingherheed
Can tell where the 480 was built

Launch car on ebay. Again. Suspicious!!

Post by gingherheed » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Having been outbid for the launch car that was on ebay recently (outbid by about £20) imagine my surprise to be offered it by the original seller . I am a bit suspicious about this car now for the following reasons. 1) I'm not convinced by the sellers reason for the winning bidder not paying up and collecting. Seller told me it was because the mileage was too high and now it's on ebay again the reason has changed to the paint being not original!! 2) I was the highest bidder from £800 onwards. All of a sudden an anonymous bidder upped the max bid til they managed to overestimate how much I was prepared to pay. 3) I offered a ridiculous amount to end the auction early but the seller realised that the car would fetch double his expectation of 250 quid so declined. I think a clear case of schilling occured after that!! 4) Shortly after the auction ended I got messages asking me if I'd be interested in buying the car. Seller says he's been offered £925 and if I could better that I could have the car. And yet here it is on ebay again. So here's what I think. The bidding will go up to a reasonable amount before some anonymous bidder steps on to massage the price up again. If the winning bid is in excess of the original winning bid and it's a genuine bidder then why didn't they see the car when it was first on and bid for it? 480's are always on ebay and always seem to sell quickly. If the winning bid is too low then watch out for some antics from the seller as to why it can't be sold at that price. More like a silly high bid will go in last minute from a schiller!! Bottom line is this car is high mileage (180k) and an ES. The fact that it's a launch car makes it a bit more interesting but is it really an honest car that's being sold here?? I'd be extremely interested to hear on this forum from anyone who was looking at that car ( seller told me there were 45 watchers at one point!!). Also I'd like to know how much members of the 480 club Europe would value the car at. It's on ebay right now, but like I said, is it genuine??

jo runt
480 Newbie

Re: Launch car on ebay. Again. Suspicious!!

Post by jo runt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 pm

gingherheed wrote:Having been outbid for the launch car that was on ebay recently (outbid by about £20) imagine my surprise to be offered it by the original seller . I am a bit suspicious about this car now for the following reasons. 1) I'm not convinced by the sellers reason for the winning bidder not paying up and collecting. Seller told me it was because the mileage was too high and now it's on ebay again the reason has changed to the paint being not original!! 2) I was the highest bidder from £800 onwards. All of a sudden an anonymous bidder upped the max bid til they managed to overestimate how much I was prepared to pay. 3) I offered a ridiculous amount to end the auction early but the seller realised that the car would fetch double his expectation of 250 quid so declined. I think a clear case of schilling occured after that!! 4) Shortly after the auction ended I got messages asking me if I'd be interested in buying the car. Seller says he's been offered £925 and if I could better that I could have the car. And yet here it is on ebay again. So here's what I think. The bidding will go up to a reasonable amount before some anonymous bidder steps on to massage the price up again. If the winning bid is in excess of the original winning bid and it's a genuine bidder then why didn't they see the car when it was first on and bid for it? 480's are always on ebay and always seem to sell quickly. If the winning bid is too low then watch out for some antics from the seller as to why it can't be sold at that price. More like a silly high bid will go in last minute from a schiller!! Bottom line is this car is high mileage (180k) and an ES. The fact that it's a launch car makes it a bit more interesting but is it really an honest car that's being sold here?? I'd be extremely interested to hear on this forum from anyone who was looking at that car ( seller told me there were 45 watchers at one point!!). Also I'd like to know how much members of the 480 club Europe would value the car at. It's on ebay right now, but like I said, is it genuine??
Well its shame people have to be like this, gingerhead has shot himself in the foot here with alot of lies.
I own the car for one, so can proove how much you bid.secondly i didnt offer it to you after the auction ended. you did contact me saying you were the higest bidder before the auction ended and that if it was to go for anymore you wouldnt be able to bid as you was going out before the auction ended.The winning bidder couldnt come to collect the car for a couple of weeks due to work commitments, hence why it took time to relist it.I then offered you a second chance offer as the winning bidder bid last minute on a whim as he collects 80's cars and has a few very low milage original cars.You came back to me saying it wasnt worth wat you bid originally £1000 and would only pay alot less than that now.
To confirm the car is one owner full volvo main dealer service history all dated and stamped with volvo care package, so its still under warranty.It has had a full and profesional respray approx 18-24 mth ago by previous owner, the car has reached the reserve of £450 which is what it cost me to buy, so why would it be schiller.If the auction ended now at £450 i would still be happy.
I dont find the comments here very nice to read and for one you blatantly lie about the figues and messgaes you sent me.
You clearly was a bit peeved you missed out on the auction (you did bid a £1000) and because you didnt get it you think there is something wrong with it.Ive had two people view the car, one a collector and they both love the car, the previous winning bidder was very suprised at the outstanding condition of the car and the fact that everything works, including the light in the key holes and all electronic and electrical items.If you want his email address im sure he will confirm this.
The car currently has 107 watchers 7 bids at £490 and page views of 1083.
If you realy thought the car or bidding was schilling why didnt you report it to ebay? and if you think the car isnt as good as i describe then why dont you look at at instead of making comments like this?
Like ive said before the car has reached reserve as before of £450 the reserve means the minimum price you are willing to accept, i was very surprised the car got to were it did with a final bid of £1020 but you must of thought it worth that as you bid £1000.
So to confirm, all paperwork with the car, all service stamped and dated history from my local volvo main dealer (john morris volvo).
If you dont like the car or think its non geniune then dont bid.
If anyone would like me to confirm the emails i sent as recieved from andy (gingherheed) then please let me know.

gingherheed

Post by gingherheed » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Let's see what happens at the end of your current auction. I stand by what I said and I still think you are a bit dodgy. I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion and to share it with others. As are you. I'm contemplating putting another bid of over a grand to see what happens. But what would I do if I won the bid?? You told me that someone offered you £925. Can I ask why you didn't accept that more than reasonable offer?

gingherheed

Post by gingherheed » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Hang on. I just realised something else. You said you were the owner of the car right? You also said you were selling it for your father as he is moving to Spain. Which is it? In fact when I read your post on this forum a couple of times I can see that there are more than one contradiction between what you have said before and what you are saying now.

jo runt
480 Newbie

Post by jo runt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:48 pm

me dodgy.!!! And your the one who has put so many lies on here about me and the car.
The person who was the third higest bidder at £925 didnt have the cash when i sent him the second chance offer.Because the winning bidder took so long to collect due to work commitments he had other plans for his money.
If you bid you win, if you dont have it you will have to apy the listing fees, but as you dont have 100% feedback im sure you have been not honest with the things you sell.And southamton to lincolnshire is a long way to come for a car that you think isnt genuine. :? so why would you bid????? you didnt want it at your last bid of £1000 so why say you will offer alot less than £800 in your next email??? I dont want you to have the car anyway, i dont lke your attitude or the way you deal and your underhand comments.and i notice you have even had comments and posting removed from this site.!!!
The car is my fathers, but he doesnt have a pc let alone a ebay account, i use ebay all the time so thats why i have listed it for him, im sure if i told him the what was goin on here after your underhand commetns he would be rather upset about it all.
The car now has 142 watchers, 9 bids upto £521 (£70 over reserve) an the item has been viewed 1979 times as of 21.43pm, it has 21hrs and 37 mins to go.As far as im concerned is can go for the £521, i know my father would be very happy with that also.I have 8 ebay members what it would take to take the car off, one offered £650 another £700, but as ive said when its sold and to whom its theres for what ever they want to pay for it.
My father doesnt need the money anyway, if it doesnt sell this time and we get messed about i can always use it at my local stock car stadium, they do make good ones and as its on carbs not injection they are legal to do so.Be a shame but a good laugh to :D

Ben Harris
480 Is my middle name

Post by Ben Harris » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:55 am

jo runt wrote:.... they do make good ones and as its on carbs not injection they are legal to do so.
I'm not getting involved in the argument here, but just wanted to say that looking at the photo of the engine, that looks like a B18E engine to me (the same as I had in my original '89 ES), and if that's the case then it denfinitely isn't running on carbs. The throttle body is clearly visible in the picture, as are all the sensor required for the rest of the injection system.

Ben.

1998-2003 ... 1981 Austin Mini City
2003-2005 ... 1989 Volvo 480 ES (B18E)
2004-2006 ... 1994 Volvo 480 ES (B20F)
2006-2008 ... 1995 Mitsuibshi FTO GPX
2008-2008 ... 1994 Volvo 480 Turbo Auto (with RichMod)
2009-Onwards ... 1991 MK1 Eunos Roadster
2013-Onwards ... 1997 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 (Wagon)

jo runt
480 Newbie

Post by jo runt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm

sorry, yes, i stand corrected your right it is injection, hence why theres no choke cable :eek:
Bit of a blonde moment there :wall:

gingherheed

Post by gingherheed » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:58 pm

What are you taking for your condition? I've just checked my ebay account and it remains 100% feedback. You are confusing me with someone else as well as talking s@@t. You are being way too defensive and you keep changing your story. So now you have a reason for the second chance offer of 925 not being taken up? You offered it to me if I could better that amount (I've still got the email!!) and what a surprise once I declined so did this "other" mystery bidder. Honestly mate you should write a novel about all this. I reckon you got a bestseller cos you certainly got a very creative imagination. You just forget what you say to people.

jo runt
480 Newbie

Post by jo runt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:06 pm

ive got a story to tell.!!!!
What like you did me when you said i emailed straight after the auction offering you the car.!!! :rofl:
Like i said i can always post your emails on here, but to be honest im not bothered with all this, clearly your a double ebay owner then and bid on your own stuff then.
And with 15mins left and with a bid of £521 im well happy. :hopping:

jo runt
480 Newbie

Post by jo runt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Your the one getting upset and defensive, and getting personal with asking what im taking and saying im talking s""t.
Your just peeved you cant have the car, and looking at the picks of the one you have "AND YOU ASK IF MY CAR GENUINE, ITS A BITSA"
Get a life andy

jo runt
480 Newbie

Post by jo runt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 pm

£641 for a dodgy car.!!!
Oh and i do hope you didnt try to bid on it as i have blocked you from doing so.
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrs :rofl:

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:04 pm

This thread has been reported. Please restrict this kind of debate to PMs

2001 V70